Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Should I trade my hummer h3 for a Toyota supra?

I have a 2006 hummer h3 with 51k miles with a little upgrades and i was wondering should I trade it for a 1994 Toyota supra with 81k. Original miles with a little upgrades too. The owner of the supra wants 1k cash with the trade. I'm a huge supra fan should I do it?|||Yes, Hummer's are horrible.|||If it's a Supra Turbo, it's a great trade value-wise for you even if you have to throw in $1K cash. A 1994 Supra Turbo in excellent shape can bring upward of $24K, even in 2010. Your Hummer is worth about $17K according to kbb.com in excellent condition.





If it's a non-turbo 1994 Supra it's another story entirely. The non-turbo '94 is only worth about $14K in excellent condition, so you'd be losing value in the trade even if you didn't hand the guy cash + your car in trade. Don't make that trade, even if you like Supras, unless you also enjoy losing money.





As for whether you should trade for a 1994 Supra if you're going to use it as your only car and daily driver over a 2006 H3, I probably wouldn't if the Supra will be your only car. 17 model-years old is still 17 years old and I wouldn't rely on a 17 year old car as my only source of transport (even if it was really sweet looking...). If I were looking at it as a 2nd car, then I'd be more interested if it were me.|||Yes, because the supra is the best sports car ever made for the money.|||Yes everything is better than a Hummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment