Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Can the HUMMER really last an average of 300,000 miles?

Recent articles have described how the HUMMER can be more environmentally friendly than the Toyota Prius. One of the main points these articles make is that the HUMMER is rated for 300,000 miles while the Prius only goes for 100,000 miles.





Does anyone have any evidence of the HUMMER's expected lifespan? I couldn't find promotional material at the HUMMER site that says it and no datasheets that have that number. Anyone have a HUMMER that they've driven more than 300,000, or even 200,000?|||The Civilian Hummer made by Chevy will not last 300K miles and as being environmentally friendly.... they have a big underpowered gas guzzling V8 in there, getting 9 mpg at the best.... not environmentally friendly at all. As far as the military.... I've been in 11 years and the army HMMWV or hummer as the civilians call it, is a big piece of junk, they last maybe 40K miles at the most. Sorry for the bad news.....|||I have a 2003 H2. It was underpowered, slow and guzzling gas when I first bought it. I purchased the hypertech power programmer and a hi-perf air cleaner. It is like a new vehicle. I get 15mpg around town (the same as my chevy pickup truck).

Report Abuse


|||MY 2006 HUMMER H2 SUT GET 15 MPG AND IS NOT UNDERPOWERED AT ALL AND IS FAST. IT DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING EXTRA ADDED TO THE ENGINE AT ALL AND IS FULLY LOADED AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!鈥?

Report Abuse


|||That is complete bull sh!t ok I have a 2003 H2 and it is not "underpowered" at all and IS A FAST TRUCK YOU DUMB F*CKTARD AND ALL SUV'S ARE GAS GUZZLERS. WHY THE H E L L WOULD YOU BRING THAT UP OF ALL THINGS I MEAN EVEN A RETARD KNOWS SUV'S ARE GAS GUZZLERS AND MY 2003 H2 GET 15 MPG AROUNG TOWN!!!!!!

Report Abuse


|||ALSO HUMMERS ARE WAY BETTER THAN THE POS PRIUS. H2'S WILL LAST OVER 300,000 MILES AND THE PLASTIC AND BATTERY MADE PRIUS WILL AT MOST LAST 100,000 MILES SO ANYONE CAN TELL THAT THE HUMMER H2 IS THE BEST TRUCK EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!鈥?

Report Abuse


|||ALSO IT IS A FULLY LOADED H2 AND I GET 15 MPG AND MY H2 DOES NOT HAVE ANY HI PERFORMANCE OR ANY EXTRAS IN THE ENGINE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!鈥?br>

GET AND EDUCATION YOU DUMB F*CKING A$$ HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!鈥?

Report Abuse


|||the hummer are militery vehicle and are built strong to last for hard times and i also worked on lots of hummers and they do last|||any vehicle has a chance to last that long, you simply need to take care of it. why are you comparing a Hummer and a prius anyway?

29 comments:

  1. I can honestly say that today my Hummer H 3 has bitten the dust. She has died but she has 316000 miles on her and all I ever had to to wasput tires and change the oil.a few minor minor things but I bought it in 08 and got 8 great years almost to the date of purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 2005 Prius has just turned 200,000 miles. On the second battery ($1400 refurb - and the orig was recycled), but other than that no exceptuonal maintenance items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I owned a 2005 H2 that I absolutely loved. The only reason I sold it was I had gone through a bad divorce and needed the money. I cried like a 5 year old girl when the guy drove off with her. I am getting ready to buy a 2009 H3 now. with 90,000. I have research "Longevity" and have found loads of people who report that their H3's are lasting 300,000 plus. H2's are going 300,000 plus. I have a friend who has an H2 SUT that has 348,000 on it and still going strong. I love hummers!! Oh and BTW, Hummer H2's are NOT lacking power!! Mine had would set you back in your seat, when I floored it...Then I out a performance chip in it and she'd snap your head back. Great Vehicles, can't wait to get my H3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well..you ARE a girl..so of course you would cry...and your husband probably paid for the truck anyway..dumb bitch

      Delete
    2. and it is VERY apparent you are dumb..an H3 isnt a hummer. but in name only..its a colorado chassis.

      Delete
    3. Big man calling someone a bitch online ..LMAO

      Delete
    4. I’m paying a H2 should I buy or no ??? It’s not my only car

      Delete
    5. Bilbo check your research Hummers are built on. Chevyv2500 HD chasis. Dumb ass

      Delete
    6. bilbo lacks in other areas ...just another DB in truck!!

      Delete
  6. 175k and counting on my '03 H2
    I take vg care...expensive repairs began when it passed 160k such as a/c, new trans, new fuel pump, new power steering geer, new gear box, new hydro boost, and new heater hose.
    Engine tip top and still a beast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine has 180,000 and runs perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My '05 H2 has 214,000+ miles on it. Rebuilt trans at 197000 for $3800. Rebuilt frount diff at 203000 miles for $1400. Love my H2. Yes I maintain anything that needs to be fixed. Mileage is 11.7 around town. 13-14 driving 60-65mph.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a 07 H3 with 146,000. The only problems thus far is broken door handles (cheap plastic breaking in Wisconsin winters), delayed electrical (sometimes the interior lights delay before they go on) and a broken moon roof track that was bent when I tried chipping ice and snow out of it. Otherwise, outside of a few bad starts due to cold and dampness, my H3 is running well and is the best winter/snow vehicle I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should check the door switches make sure they are not corroded

      Delete
  10. my hummer h2 is 2007, it has 175,000 miles I had to put a new transmission around 110,000 miles other than that, just routine maintenance it gets 13.3 mpg

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a H1 hummer been thru 2 engines. Replaced everything on it. Most expensive truck I have ever owned. I feel like king of the road and bush when its going and im driving it. But it has cost me halve a mortgage. On top of price that i purchased it for. So beware if you buy one. Make sure its been very very well maintained. And it Has RD cooling mods for original 6.5l. Or has a Cummins or Duramax in it. Make shore all ball joints are new and no engine lights on. Make sure it has a new fuel injector and Pmd. And all gauges work. And new hoses. New starter. And new pitman arm. And new steering arms. New Shocks. Yes dont think im exagerating im not. New electrical harnessing thru out all of the truck. If these parts arent replaced before you buy one youll be spending $$$$$. Other than that I enjoy my truck. Goes absolutely anywhere. 🤠👍 Good luck. Im hoping that I now will get 300,000 miles without spending to much more other than services.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a H1 hummer been thru 2 engines. On my 3 rd engine at 150000 miles Replaced everything on it. Most expensive truck I have ever owned. I feel like king of the road and bush when its going and im driving it. But it has cost me halve a mortgage. On top of price that i purchased it for. So beware if you buy one. Make sure its been very very well maintained. And it Has RD cooling mods for original 6.5l. Or has a Cummins or Duramax in it. Make shore all ball joints are new and no engine lights on. Make sure it has a new fuel injector and Pmd. And all gauges work. And new hoses. New starter. And new pitman arm. And new steering arms. New Shocks. Yes dont think im exagerating im not. New electrical harnessing thru out all of the truck. If these parts arent replaced before you buy one youll be spending $$$$$. Other than that I enjoy my truck. Goes absolutely anywhere. 🤠👍 Good luck. Im hoping that I now will get 300,000 miles without spending to much more other than services. And taking my family on happy safe 4x4 trips they will enjoy and remember for the right reasons enjoying the great outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My 2005 h2 have 240000,still running strong,only repairs were,power steering ,waterpump,ball joints,

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am getting ready to buy a 2004 Hummer H2 but I will say that I bought a 2006 Prius new and drove it for 206,000 miles. No battery changeout required. Just did the scheduled service.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My 2007 hummer h3 has 248,873 miles and starts up everyday......still cimbing on miles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ny 2008 has 200350 miles. Added a larger radiator. Temp runs less then half way.

      Delete
  16. Sadly traded our 04 H2 last Dec...w 265000+ ..few if any problems...oil pan was beginning to leak, ac and leaky anifreeze reservoir; excellent vehicle for 12 yrs...only repair was a rear suspension/shock after 10 yrs

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've had my 2006 Hummer H3 since November of 2005.The only thing that is wrong with mine is the gray trim around the windshield has faded It has 224,000 miles and still going strong. Got it for my 40th birthday present from hubby. Love my hummer, it's not bad on gas for a suv. I get around 19-22 miles highway. That's ok I feel safe in my hummer. When and if the motor goes, I'll put another in it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a 2006 H3 with the 3.5L. It just rolled over 322500 miles. Timing chain is just starting to make a little noise. Runs great. Doesn't puff any oil out the exhaust. Wondering if I should just replace the timing chain or replace the engine because of high miles.

    ReplyDelete