Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Is it worth it to restore a 1952 Harley Hummer?

I have the option of restoring a bike of this nature and I was wondering if it would be worth it? Where can I find parts and stuff for it if I do decide to do this project?|||What do you mean by "worth it"? Will you get your money out? That depends on what you started with, and what kind of restoration you do. I have seen guys spend $3500 on a full boat restoration of a small 2-stroke.





Only rarely will the market allow you to make much money. If the bike is fairly interesting, like a Puch twingle, you might break even. The Hummer is not technically interesting. The only thing it has going for it is the Harley name. Without that, a perfect one might be worth $500-1000. The Harley name probably puts it in a range where you might get your money out.





Now, if you are asking if the project is worth it in terms of pride and satisfaction, then I'd say that is why most restorers are into it.|||1952 HARLEY-DAVIDSON M/S 125 HUMMER 125cc:





Excellent: $5,100


Very Good: $2,750


Good: $1,650


Fair: $1,000


Poor: $700








Hope this gives you a ballpark figure on value.|||It is certainly worth it!You can find parts at swap meets,The best I've seen are motorcycle vintage days.Go toAmericanMotorcyclist.com for info on dates .One in Cal.,one in Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment